Friday 30 November 2012

NaBloPoMo 2012

 
For the final post of NaBloPoMo 2012, I thought that I would share this cake with you.  This has been a very stressful month at work and two things have helped to maintain my sanity.  The first was sitting down and writing about my recent trip to Yorkshire and the second was my cake decorating class.


Monday was the last night of my class and we were asked to decorate a cake demonstrating some of the techniques that we had learned working with fondant and gum paste.  I adapted a design from the Wilton book and this was the result.  I thoroughly enjoyed my classes and I hope to have more time in the future to try out some of my new skills.

As for visiting and commenting on your blogs, I can only apologise and say that  I have not had time to visit, but I do appreciate those of you who have commented during NaBloPoMo 2012. 

1 comment:

  1. LOVELY cake, Marie! What a wonderful job you did--a work of art, really! I've not take a cake decorating class before... I think I should, as this was very inspiring to see. Fun to see your other posts from this month as my own online time has been limited. Lovely to catch up with you after returning from some travels and Thanksgiving break! I'm in a place of trying to find a harmony in all there is to do at the moment and still find time to enjoy the things I love to do--like painting, etc. This time of year is such a challenge in that respect! Happy Days, my friend ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete