Wednesday 7 November 2012

Cake Decorating Basics


I have wanted to take a cake decorating class for years and when the opportunity to sign up for a class presented itself recently, I hot-footed it down to enrol.  Having signed up, I then had the confusing process of purchasing equipment with only a vague idea of what was required.

Anyway, the first class was basic piping techniques and we worked on practice boards.  By the end of the evening, my hand was aching, but my piping was definitely improving.  On the second evening, we had to provide an iced cake and mine was chocolate (as requested at home!) so I decided to do a simple cream and chocolate colour scheme.  My writing was a little shaky, but not too bad for a first attempt and it fired my enthusiasm for the next stage ~ the intermediate class.

No comments:

Post a Comment