Sunday 25 November 2012

Stir-Up Sunday



Traditionally, Christmas puddings are made on the last Sunday before Advent.  Each member of the family takes a turn at stirring the pudding and make a wish.

Last year, I made two Christmas puddings, experiementing with different recipes.  This year, time is short and so I've cheated.  I bought a Christmas pudding in Marks and Spencer during my recent trip home.

The best Christmas pudding I can remember was Wilkin & Sons Tiptree Christmas Pudding, which I bought a couple of years ago.  It was delicious.  Sadly, like so many good things that I find here, it disappeared from the shops and I haven't been able to find it since. 

I'm still on the look-out for a really tasty store-bought version and will continue my search until Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie,

    Don't feel guilty about not the making a pudding - the M&S puds are some of the nicest that you can buy. We had one left over from last year (we always make ours, but usually buy one 'just in case') and we just ate it a couple of weeks ago - it was full of nuts and fruit and was absolutely delicious. Yum!

    Sorry that I haven't been commenting - for some reason the gmail login just hasn't ben playing ball :(

    I have loved all of the photos of Yorkshire and also the photos of your cakes! Love the basketweave decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you, how I miss Marks and Spencer. I was not organized to make my Christmas Pudding on Sunday, hopefully this week. Love your photos of your trip to England.

    ReplyDelete