Saturday 10 November 2012

Let The Christmas Preparations Begin


I actually baked my Christmas cake three weeks ago, but it has taken me a while to post about it.  Also, I find that any talk of Christmas in October is met with rather surprised looks....

I enjoy the ritual of baking my cake and as always, I start the evening before I plan to bake and wash, dry and sort the dried fruit before soaking it in brandy.



The next stage is mixing the dry ingredients.

 
Then in a separate bowl, combining the other ingredients before stirring it all together, which takes patience and a strong spoon.



Finally, when it is all stirred well, it is added to the prepared tin before being baked in a low oven.  As I was using a different oven this year, I paid close attention to the baking and tried not to be distracted by other things.


The cake turned out beautifully and I am really happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment