Wednesday 20 November 2019

Waiting


Mr C had his foot surgery yesterday morning, which meant a rather sleepless night, followed by a very early start, as we had to be at the hospital by 6 a.m. and it is an hour’s drive from home.  

I passed much of the time reading, but I was glad that I took along a sock knitting project, as I finished my book and completed this sock (which I started knitting weeks ago!) before he came out of recovery.

We were back at our local Emergency last night, due to complications and then I woke at 3 a.m. to find that he had been in pain all night, so we decided to return to the hospital where he had the surgery.  At 4 a.m. we were on our way back to the main hospital, where we waited two and a half hours to be seen.  

Out came the knitting again and I cast on for the second sock and started the rib.  Once we were called into the department, a doctor decided to remove all the bandages and then took photos to send to the surgeon.  Within a short space of time, we were advised that it could be re-bandaged and we were on our way home with yet another prescription for pain medication.

This afternoon has seen no improvement in his pain, so it looks like we are going to have to see yet another doctor.  Tomorrow, I have to take him back to the orthopaedic outpatient clinic to see his surgeon.  Maybe I’ll have the second sock completed before the end of the week, as we wait for all these appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment