Wednesday 13 November 2019

Aladdin’s Cave


Last week’s visit Halifax gave us an opportunity to visit our favourite place.  It even looks like an Aladdin’s cave, doesn’t it?


Walking in through the door, this is the reason for our visit. Yes, an opportunity to stock up on some British goodies.


It is impossible to find many of the grocery items that I commonly bought when we lived in Nova Scotia and Ontario.  I had a list and I was checking it twice...


The photo of the Jammie Dodgers was at the request of Mr Candytuft, though I didn’t actually buy any.  


How I wish that we didn’t have to travel three hours by car to visit this wonderful store!


I’m hoping that it won’t be too long before we can make a return visit, but we may have to resort to online shopping, as Mr C is having surgery next week.


4 comments:

  1. WOW... wow... Best of British goods... *swoon*... so many delights, many we can't get here either. I love oaty Hobnob biscuits. Have had in years...*sniff* :( I do have a recipe to try for making something that seems similar to a Hobnob, but it calls for golden syrup, which we isn't available here. Love the display with the red call box. What treats did you bring home? Hopefully enough to last while Mr Candytuft recovers? ;) Hope all goes very well with his surgery ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we bought Tunnock’s tea cakes, Cadbury’s fruit & nut, Cadbury’s caramel, Fox’s golden crunch creams...so many goodies! Hugs, Marie x

      Delete
  2. What a super place full of your favourite things, it's a shame it is so far away but well worth the trip I should think. I hope Mr C's surgery goes well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great place to shop, but a long way from home. Thanks for your good wishes for Mr C - his surgery is tomorrow.

      Delete