Tuesday 26 November 2019

Lace Gloves


One of my knitting challenges this year was to learn how to knit gloves.  I’ve done lots of complicated garment patterns, but I’d never attempted gloves.

This vintage pattern made gloves on straight needles, so they have a seams along one edge of the hand part and each of the fingers.  I had started them six months earlier, then abandoned them because I couldn’t find time to sit down and concentrate on the pattern.  By the time I went back to them, I had no idea where I was in the pattern, so I had to unpick them completely and start again.  They were definitely worth the effort, as the results are so pretty and I love this Baa Ram Ewe Titus yarn in a colour called Rose Window.

2 comments:

  1. Your patience paid off as the gloes look lovely and warm and a super colour too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie. They are cosy and I love the colour. Marie x

      Delete