Friday 15 November 2019

The Acadian Kitchen


The Acadian Kitchen is a book that I found at our local library.  I was intrigued, so I placed a hold and collected it at the weekend.   


One of the recipes included in this book is for oatmeal cookies.  Not a recipe that I would immediately associate with Acadian cooking, but there is a link between early French settlers and the early Scottish settlers in the Maritimes, with a mingling of cuisine.

I’ve never made a recipe for oatcakes that included eggs, but this one made a lovely light and tasty biscuit.  Vanilla extract was yet another unexpected, but tasty, twist.

I’m looking forward to trying some of the other recipes before this book returns to the library.

2 comments:

  1. They are delicious - perhaps, too good! Just made my second batch yesterday as they are going like hot biscuits!

    ReplyDelete