Tuesday 5 November 2019

On The Needles


This has been a busy year for knitting, though with varying degrees of success.  I started this pattern for the second time recently, after I decided that it really wasn’t big enough, due to ‘negative ease’.  What this means, for the non-knitters amongst you, is that the pattern is designed to be close-fitting,  but it was so close-fitting as to not meet at the front (it’s a cardigan).

Frustrating though it was, I had to unravel it in its entirety and go up a size - the lace yoke had to be knitted again, as the pattern for the larger size is different.  

The good news is that I love this Baa Ram Ewe Dovestone yarn, especially the colour.  It reminds me of the colour of the heather moors of the North York Moors in late August...a little taste of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment