Saturday 17 November 2018

Scandinavian Christmas


One of the joys of the Christmas season is baking.  I love this book, which I received as a Christmas gift last year. I didn't have an opportunity to try any of the recipes at the time, so I decided to get a head-start this year and try a simple cake recipe.



I chose Nana's Apricot Cake, which is the sort of recipe my own Nana might have made.  I produced two apricot loaves, one of which is now safely tucked up in the freezer as one of our Christmas teatime treats.  This is one of those recipes which improves with age, if you can manage to keep the cake for a day or two.

If you fancy trying it for yourself, you can read the recipe if you enlarge the photo.  I did tweak it a little, as I added vanilla essence to what would have otherwise been a plain cake.  I can highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment