Tuesday 27 November 2018

It's Never Too Early For A Mince Pie



The cold and snowy weather has had my thoughts turning to Christmas food and I had a sudden craving for a mince pie.


I'm not in the habit of baking mince pies in November, but I felt that we deserved a treat after the awful weather of last week.


I favour Nigella's recipe for mince pies and made the pastry with orange juice, hence the colour.


My mince pies are star-topped, so I cut the stars out of the pastry scraps left over from cutting the cases.


Once filled with mincemeat, the tops were added.


They came out of the oven looking like this.


I would normally add a festive dusting of icing sugar, but I had forgotten that I used it up and hadn't bought any more.  Still, they tasted great with a cup of tea.  I managed to stash a few in the freezer before Mr Candytuft ate them all!


4 comments:

  1. Your mince pies look delicious Marie and on such a pretty plate too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good - a bit too good. They didn’t last long, so I now need to bake some more. Marie x

      Delete
  2. YUM!! And soooo pretty they are too! Love me a mince pie... haven't had one in years. And they are not a thing here, so can't even get them ready-made. Your robin mince pie plate is sooo CUTE! Happy snacking... ;) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mince pies - Christmas wouldn’t be the same without them. Marie x

    ReplyDelete