Tuesday 20 November 2018

Christmas Kitchen



One of the joys of my preparations for Christmas is baking our Christmas cake.  This year’s cake came out better than ever.  


I find that baking a fruit cake in a new oven can be a case of trial and error, so last year’s cake was a little overcooked.  This year, I used an oven thermometer, set the temperature lower than the recipe recommended (our oven seems to be hotter than it should be) and kept a very close eye on it from about three hours into the baking time.  It was definitely worth the effort.

Our cake is all tucked up in greaseproof paper and comes out weekly for a feed of brandy.  It is the aroma of Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious!! I didn't bake a Christmas cake this year... I'm wishing I had now! ;) Happy feasting!! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Marie, I bet your kitchen had a wonderful aroma after making your cake. Our oven has the same problem and I always set it cooler than the recipe says:)

    ReplyDelete