Wednesday 23 November 2016

Tranquility


In recent years, I've had very little time to work on many of the projects that I started.  I am slowly trying to rectify this situation and I've been busy during the last few weeks working on this sampler.  It was a gift from my dear friend Tracy and I believe that I started it about three years ago.

Sanctuary Shells is a counted cross stitch kit from Dimensions' Crafts.  It is in really pretty shades of blue, green and creamy beige.  I had to down tools to wait for some extra thread to arrive after I ran out of two colours.  As these are custom colours, I had to ask the company to supply them and they kindly agreed to send me some.

This soothing still life is a scene of peace and tranquility, which I will have framed and then find a suitable spot to display. I'm thinking that it may inspire a whole new decorating scheme...

No comments:

Post a Comment