Sunday 2 November 2014

Thought For The Day - 1


You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by;
but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by.
J M Barrie

As Daylight Savings' Time comes to an end in the early hours of tomorrow morning, my thoughts turn to time and how it passes as well as light, or rather the lack of it; as the nights grow longer.  It is easy to get caught up in busy days and weeks and it is only when we stop for a moment that we can appreciate that these minutes and hours are our lives passing by.





An extra hour to treasure as we slip back into Atlantic Standard Time (that's GMT - 4 hours, in case you were wondering).  I'm not really one for long lie-ins so I will doubtless be up and about.  I plan to spend my time quietly enjoying a morning cup of tea and savouring a golden hour (by lamplight, if necessary).

No comments:

Post a Comment