Friday 22 February 2019

Flying The Flag



Home has been much on my mind lately and by home, I'm talking about the UK.  I know that there is much uncertainty surrounding what is happening with the exit from the EU, but there has never been a time when I've wanted to be there more than I do at the moment.  

The clock is ticking ever closer to the 29th March 2019 and I feel that there is great change in the air - for me, as well as for the UK.  At the moment, I don't know how things are going to work out - or even if they are going to work out at all.  

I wouldn't normally post about anything political or very personal, but I just have a feeling that I need to put it out to the universe that I'm looking for change..and a chance to return home.

I drafted this post last November, but my feelings haven’t changed, so I thought that it was time that I published.

3 comments:

  1. ((BIG HUGS)) Marie... Home is something that can tug at the heart for a long time if we are living far from where we truly wish to be. I very hope you may be able to find your way home again, Marie, and that you will be happy there. The UK is our heartland in so many ways. And it saddens us greatly all that is happening with Brexit... it feels like a place being torn apart! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Tracy. You are a dear friend and I value your support. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very worrying time and I dearly wish it wasn't happening but it is and somehow we have to cope with it and whatever 29th March may bring, I do fear for the future though. I hope you are able to make your wish come true and be able to come back home even if just for a visit:)

    ReplyDelete