Wednesday 23 January 2019

Thrift Shop Find


Well, I didn’t intend to be gone for so long but I haven’t been idle during my absence.  I’ve been having all kinds of problems with Blogger - the main one being unable to comment on any blog posts - including my own!  I haven’t resolved this with any degree of satisfaction, but it does appear to be an issue using Blogger with my iPad.

It has been a very nasty winter here so far.  We’ve had extreme cold for weeks and winter storm after winter storm - another one is forecast for tomorrow.  We’ve had snow on the ground since November and now it is so icy outdoors that it is almost impossible to stand up.  Mr Candytuft fell on the drive this morning, then fell again when he was trying to get up - I fell under the car on Monday and couldn’t get up without assistance - my second fall this winter.  How we haven’t broken anything is a miracle.  It is too cold to use salt to melt the ice, which is so thick that it is impossible to move - even after our drive has been ploughed following every storm.

Today, we had to go into Charlottetown, so I took the opportunity this presented to visit a thrift shop, where I found this pretty china mug.  It is from the Victoria & Albert Museum collection and cost me 50 cents.  What a bargain.

As some of you know, I have now published my book and you can see more information about it here.

4 comments:

  1. I do hope both you and Mr Candytuft stay safe in those awful weather conditions - thank heavens no bones were broken when you both fell. I have your book on Kindle and will read it as soon as I've finished the library books I have out at the moment - they are due back soon so I must finsish them. I will try and mention your book on my blog soon as well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosie - I hope that you enjoy reading it. And a huge thank you for mentioning my book on your blog. Marie x

      Delete
  2. Glad you & the Mr are still in one piece... whew!! Take good care there! It has been a rough winter so far, and a cold one too. We've not had as much snow as we usually do here, but it's been slippery out there. It's snowing as I write! Hope your Blogger issues will be resolved soon... It is a mystery sometimes why all these problems with tech devices... LOL! But sooo EXCITING about your BOOK!! I've been in a flu-fog, so I have yet to read it, but it waits for my on my Kindle-app... HOORAY to you for a dream come true!! :))) ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yorkshire Gold will be even more of a treat when drunk from such a pretty mug, I think, and what a bargain! I started and finished reading Cradle on the Waves yesterday, I just couldn't put it down, and I plan to write about it soon on my blog. I so admire your winter hardiness. x

    ReplyDelete