Saturday 15 September 2018

Victoria-by-the-Sea


Towards the end of August, we headed out to explore the fishing village of Victoria-by-the-Sea, which is better known today for the artisans who have made it their home.



It was a hot afternoon, so we were glad to spend some time closer to the water, where there was a slight breeze to cool the afternoon.


It is a sweet little place, but I didn't manage to get that many photos because it was busy with tourists and the narrow streets were rather crowded.


Mr Candytuft captured this view of one of the many brightly painted homes when there was a lull in the traffic (yes, I'm the one in the hat in the distance).


We enjoyed our time there and will likely visit again, now that the summer season is officially over and life is getting back to normal.


I've not been blogging lately because I've been unwell with the worst virus that I've had in years.  It started like a dose of flu with fever and chills, body aches and pains and generally feeling ill, but it has dragged on for two weeks and I'm still coughing.

Needless to say, I'm behind with everything and I have a list a mile long of all the things that I should have done, but haven't.  Added to which, I'm still dragging myself into work, which isn't exactly aiding my recovery (employers are not very sympathetic when it comes to illness).

I wish you all a pleasant weekend.  I'm off to tackle some of those jobs on what is supposed to be my day off, before I have to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Victoria-by-the-Sea looks a lovely place to visit. I can imagine it is hard to see everything when it is busy with visitors. Sorry to hear that you have been so ill, I hope you soon feel better:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty place and I’m glad that we had a chance to visit, though it would have been better without the crowds! Marie x

      Delete
  2. How LOVELY this place looks.... a fun day out! Hoping you're feeling better--and stay better--soon! :))) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty place to visit on a summer’s day - we were there again yesterday but, this time, in the rain. It looked so very different. Marie x

      Delete