Wednesday 19 September 2018

Reindeer in the Snow





The original name for this knitting project was 'Christmas in July' because I started knitting it in July and finished it in two months.


I decided that I wasn't going to delay starting this project until later in the year because the weeks leading to Christmas are always busy and any knitting becomes an added stress as I rush to complete it.


Instead, I was able to pick it up and add a few rows when I felt like it, or leave it untouched for a week or so without feeling guilty.


The whole process was much more enjoyable because of this, although I did have a few surprised looks at my knitting group when they saw what I was working on.

Now that it is completed, I've decided to call it 'Reindeer in the Snow'.

4 comments:

  1. It's bloomin' amazing! I've enlarged all the photos for a close look and your tension is beautiful. Well done, and how very sensible to tackle it so early. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs Tiggywinkle. I’m very pleased with the results and it is really warm (I only had it on for a photo!). Marie x

      Delete
  2. It is BEAUTIFUL, Marie! You must be very proud of this one, as it is gorgeous! Well done for getting a big project done so quickly!I think it smart to begin a project like this early, because by the time Advent rolls around and the count down to Christmas begins time for personal extras like this evaporates fast. LOVE it!! :))) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! I am very pleased with the results and so glad that I got this out of the way early. Marie x

      Delete