Monday 27 November 2017

My New Best Friend


Meet my new best friend.  She arrived during the summer and is currently adorned by the top half of a pair of pyjamas, though she was unadorned when I took the photo.


I've wanted one of these Adjustoform tailor's dummies for a long time and was looking for one with a long waist.  My model is fully adjustable and Mr Candytuft and I had fun a few weeks ago trying to tailor her so that she matches my dimensions.  The longer body was essential, as I find that many garments are just too short for me in the waist and I end up with belts under my rib cage.

I haven't had time to do any proper dressmaking yet, but even alterations will be a lot easier now that I don't have to tie myself in knots trying to fit garments to myself whilst wearing them.

I've been thinking of giving her a name and Rosie seems like a good choice, as she is covered in little rosebuds.

9 comments:

  1. VERY pretty dress form, Marie! I've always wanted one... maybe one day! Look forward to seeing more of your dress making adventures! :) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t she sweet? I suppose that I should have dressed her for the occasion. Marie x

      Delete
  2. There's no excuse now! Do you know that quote from William Morris about having nothing in your home that is neither useful nor beautiful? I think Rosie ticks both boxes. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I’m familiar with that comment. It will be more useful when I find time to actually do some dressmaking! Marie x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure you'll really come to value your tailor's dummy. I find mine really useful. I don't know how I'd get hemlines straight without it. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonny. I’m looking forward to happy sewing! Marie x

      Delete
  4. Ha! Oh, yes call her Rosie as she is covered with such sweet little buds:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, doesn’t she? I have a couple of alterations to do, which will hopefully be a lot easier with Rosie. I also have fabric and a pattern for a dress, which I abandoned a while back because I couldn’t fit it to myself. Maybe I will actually get it made for next summer. Marie x

      Delete