Wednesday 14 December 2016

Hygge


I have been reading a lot about Hygge in the British press lately ~ there have been articles and book recommendations, but I could not track down any books on the subject here.  I find it interesting how ideas take a while to filter through and can only assume that it has something to do with a couple of thousand miles of ocean in between (though one would think that would no longer be an issue in these days of social media).


Imagine my delight when a parcel arrived from my friend at Vintage Pretty and when I opened it, I discovered a parcel of hygge!  The Little Book of Hygge had been on my reading list for quite some time and it came with a gorgeously soft hand knitted scarf,  English breakfast tea, Scottie dog shortbreads (very cute!), the most delicious salted caramel biscuits and a beautiful card with a scenic view of her home county.

Hygge may best be described as 'the art of living cosily', so now I can create my own hygge with a lovely cup of tea, a biscuit and my book.  I've added the essential ingredient ~ a candle for that homely glow.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen much on the television, on line and in the book shops about Hygge. It all sounds so wonderful and your perfect gift looks as if it will bring you the cosiness and warmth you need at this time of year. Have a lovely week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosie, it is just what I need at the moment. It has been extremely cold, but fortunately, the weather is a little milder today. I'm busy with Christmas preparations, which I think, can be considered as hygge...Marie x

    ReplyDelete