Monday 26 September 2016

Whitby Lemon Buns



One of the joys of the cooler days of autumn is a chance to get back into the kitchen and do some baking.  I stumbled upon a recipe for Whitby Lemon Buns and I was eager to try it.


They are fairly easy to make, particularly if like me, you have a machine to do the kneading.  Then, all you need is patience, as you wait for them to rise.


I iced them as soon as possible (I did have to wait for them to cool first!) and finished off with a sprinkling of lemon zest.  They seemed a little 'doughy' to us, but they were much improved (no pun intended!) the next day.  As there are only two of us and there were ten of them, I opted to put six in the freezer.  I can thaw them and quickly mix a little more lemon icing when we fancy one with a cup of tea.  

I discovered that the recipe originates from Botham's of Whitby, so I plan to pay a visit next time I'm in town, to see how they compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment