Sunday 25 September 2016

The Wire


A weekend stroll in the park seemed like a great idea and I imagine, one that was shared by lots of other people, as it was packed with cars and finding parking was a challenge.  We eventually found a space outside the park and walked back.


One of my favourite spots to visit is the allotments, so we headed down Allotment Lane.  I miss having a garden, so I'm always curious to see what other people are growing.


Visitors are not actually permitted to enter the allotments, so we did a lot of peering over fences and through the wire.


Some of the patches were very overgrown and neglected, which was a surprise, as my understanding was that people could only keep their allotments if they were well tended.  Some had neat rows of produce waiting to be harvested.


A quiet spot to sit and enjoy the peace and watch the wildlife - most appealing, if it were not on the other side of the fence.


I had to be content with being on the wrong side of the wire, when I would far rather have been in there harvesting the fruits of my labour.  Still, it was a pleasant day for a walk and it made a change from my usual route.

No comments:

Post a Comment