Saturday 23 March 2019

Channelling my Domestic Goddess



There are days when only chocolate will do and I’ve had a few of them recently.   This is a recipe that I’ve wanted to try for a long time - Nutella cupcakes. 


The cake mixture is added before warmed Nutella is swirled in with a skewer.  This is how they looked when they came out of the oven.  They were supposed to be iced with a Nutella and chocolate icing, but I had a disaster when it curdled - not exactly a domestic goddess moment.  Anyway, they were delicious without icing - light and fluffy with hints of Nutella throughout.  Perfect with a cup of Yorkshire Gold tea.

4 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look delicious.I've never tasted Nutella, I must give it a try one day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it is really good. I didn’t try it for a long time, but wondered why I hadn’t tried it sooner, once I had tasted it! Marie x

      Delete
  2. mmmm... these look delicious, Marie! I've not baked anything in ages, trying to go easy on things sugary. With Easter soon here though, I may have to bend the sugar-less rule. ;) Happy Spring ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very good, though I think that Nutella icing might have been a bit too much of a good thing. Marie x

    ReplyDelete