Wednesday 16 August 2017

Stash-Busting



What do you do with leftover yarn from various knitted projects?  When I've paid for quality yarn and end up with oddments, I've tended to keep it in the hope of finding a use for it.  Then I came across this pattern on Ravelry and decided to make a knitted bowl.


I had oddments of coloured yarn too, so I was able to recreate the look of the original pattern, but then I decided to use up some other colours from my stash and made a second one in earth-tones.


This yarn was leftover from herdy the hot water bottle cover.


I like both bowls for different reasons but, now that I've got the bug for knitting these, I think that there may be a few more made in the coming months.

6 comments:

  1. They look lovely! What a great use for left over yarn. Your embroidered daisies are sensational. Love them! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are VERY sweet, Marie! How big are they? NICE way to use leftovers. I have a pattern for a crochet bread basket I want to try soon. I like things that are beautiful and useful too. :) Happy Knitting, my friend ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! Are you actually unpacked, settled in and crafting already? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Tiggywinkle - I made these in the days leading up to all of that packing and moving. We are settling in, but I'm not doing a lot in the way of crafting, though I did start knitting again yesterday. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy - they are such a fun knitting project and I doubled up on the brown yarn, using two strands to knit, as the single strand was a bit lightweight for this. They are probably about the diameter of a large can, or maybe slightly larger - will have to let you know once I find them - they must still be in a box somewhere. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonny - thank you for your kind comment. I did enjoy making these and they are so quick to knit. I think that it is a great way to use up oddments of yarn too. Marie x

    ReplyDelete