Sunday 15 January 2017

Walk 1,000 Miles - Week Two

Two weeks into the challenge and I've been walking alone for the past three days, as my walking partner sustained a knee injury (surprisingly unrelated to our walking challenge).  It has been a tough week, as I chose to walk in the neighbourhood, only to find that I came back with severe wind-burn due to the cold, and because it is so much harder to walk when bundled up in multiple layers and winter boots.

I returned to the mall yesterday just for some relief from the cold and did a respectable 7 laps, but I was late arriving and so the second half of my walk was spent dodging shoppers.  I walked far too fast and ended up very hot and bothered as I tried to find a path through the congestion.  It is much easier walking earlier before the shoppers arrive, but at least I wasn't cold!

My total for this week is 26.27 miles, making a running total of 52.35 miles.  I'm very happy to break the 50 mile barrier and to see my progress tracker climbing.

4 comments:

  1. Well done, Marie... in spite of not so idea conditions, timing, etc.! Hope your walking partner will be feeling better... and able to go along with you soon. :) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. That mall walking really is a good idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tracy - I hope so too, as it is more fun walking with a companion :-). Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Tiggywinkle - yes, it is, though I've walked outdoors for the last few days in the milder temperatures. I've got wind-burn to my face, so I think that I will be heading back to the mall this week. Marie x

    ReplyDelete