Monday 30 January 2017

Seeking Joy in the Ordinary


A cup of tea in the afternoon, enjoyed from my china tea set.  Why is it that tea always tastes better from a china cup?


Savoured with a freshly baked oatcake, still warm from the oven.  Baking is something that I always enjoy and quiet time in the kitchen, spent mixing ingredients to produce something which is wholesome and delicious, is never time wasted.


Recycling a Lyle's treacle tin - with such an iconic brand, how could I throw this away?  This one is so brightly coloured and cheerful on these dark winter days and I'm going to use it as a pen holder.


Not quite wearing my heart on my sleeve, but the next best thing ~ heart socks.


And not forgetting the Year of the Rooster which started on Saturday with the arrival of the Chinese New Year.  I've read all kinds of good forecasts for this, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, joyful things. I love settling down in the afternoon with a cup of tea and a good book, especially as it is getting gloomier outside and the lamps can be switched on. Have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this was a cosy post, Marie... VERY hygge! ;) LOVE your china tea set. I prefer tea in a china cup too. And there's nothing like the ritual of afternoon tea... Your oatcakes look scrumptious! Sweet your heart socks... anything hearts is always a good thing! Very much enjoying your JOY updates, my friend... And GREAT news on so much walking so far this year--hooray! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete