Wednesday 26 October 2016

To A Rose


'Grief is the price that we pay for love.'


Queen Elizabeth II

It is a year today since my dear Aunt passed away.  We were very close: she said that I was the daughter that she never had.  In many ways, the grief is still raw because her final years were cruelly taken from her by dementia.  We had no proper chance to say goodbye.

I remember the last time that my Aunt and Uncle visited and we had a lovely couple of days together.  I treasure those memories now, as my Uncle predeceased her by four years.

Grief is just one of the emotions that I've lived with during this past year, but it is the hardest to explain.  I suppose you have to live with grief to understand it and the above quote says it all.

1 comment:

  1. It is a sad but true quote. Grief can be hard to get through and hits you at the strangest times just when you least expect it when something jogs a memory or something happens that you want to share and can't. It is good that you have such happy memories of your dear Aunt, Take care:)

    ReplyDelete