Friday 7 October 2016

Shoreline



One of the challenges of working a large piece is correctly positioning each element so that it comes together as a whole.  I don't worry too much if I am a stitch or two out, as it is 'counted' cross stitch, but it is always helpful to add some landmarks, such as the border around the central part of the design.


Once I got this added, together with the outer border, I finally had a perspective of the size of the completed design and it made it much easier to work the shoreline at the bottom.


The shell designs were another challenge, as they were worked in very similar shades of cream and beige.  I had to work on these for shorter periods and move to something else to give my eyes a break.  I particularly like the oystercatcher wading in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment