Monday 16 May 2016

The Three Rs

In this instance, we are talking about Reduce - Reuse - Recycle.


The question was what to do with three cushions with covers which were beyond repair?  For a long time, they had been stuffed in a bag until I had the time or energy to do something with them.  Now that we don't have the space to store them, it was time to put the cushions back into use.


The answer seemed to be to salvage what I could and throw the rest away.  As the fabric was torn and frayed, I could not salvage it.


I removed the zippers and put them to one side - ready to recycle.


This is the fabric that I chose to recover the cushions.  It is another remnant, which I bought at the church flea market some years ago.  At the time, I liked it, but did not have any ideas as to how I would use it.  It picked up the red theme of the original cushion covers, which matched the zippers perfectly.

I will be back with the finished cushions in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment