Saturday 28 May 2016

Mrs Tiggy-Winkle


When I was very young, my favourite story was that of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle and I have a fondness for her which has endured over the years.


How lovely to live in a place in the country and to be able to spend the day drying the washing outdoors and having the satisfaction of beautifully ironed linen...


On days when there is not much to smile about, I only have to see Mrs Tiggy-Winkle standing there with her ironing to feel that all will be well and if I want to add a spring to my step, I can wind the key to this music box and listen to 'Oh, what a beautiful morning' to feel that everything will go my way.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, sooo sweet! The Tale of Mrs. Tiggle-Winkle was my favorite too, her's and Jemima Puddle Duck. :) Happy Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, love Mrs Tiggywinkle. Also love the Flopsy bunnies and Peter Rabbit because they remind me of my childhood. Mrs T would cheer me up too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, I love all of Beatrix Potter's stories too. I hope to visit the Lake Disctrict again one day and go to Hill Top Farm - I want to see her garden as well as admire the wonderful views which inspired her. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie, these are all such wonderful stories aren't they? Peter Rabbit always makes me smile. Marie x

    ReplyDelete