Tuesday 3 November 2015

The English Home


It is definitely a sign of Christmas approaching once December's magazines start to appear on the shelves.  The English Home is one that I only ever buy at this time of year, but I delight in reading about all those festive preparations and dream of the perfect family Christmas.


The approach of Christmas can be a difficult time for me, as it is when I miss my family the most and long to be with them.  Like many others who live in another country, I struggle with being such a huge distance from loved ones.

I try to make the best of Christmas and we do have some traditions from home which are comforting and reassuring rituals.  Baking the Christmas cake, Stir-Up Sunday when I make my Christmas puddings and Nine Lessons and Carols from King's College Cambridge, to name a few.

I dream of returning home and having a big family gathering at Christmas.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this dream will come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment