Tuesday 16 December 2014

Festive Touches


Although we don't have a large kitchen, I do like to add a few festive touches when I decorate for Christmas.  A couple of smaller ornaments on the cookbook shelves.


My mice and holly window ornament in the kitchen window topped off with baubles to catch the light.  The mice always brighten even the dullest of days and in my imagination, they are busy in the kitchen when I'm not around (I wish that were the case, as I could use the help!)


Snowmen also seem to feature in many of my Christmas decorations and these three caught my eye last year and were added to my collection.


This 'window' was a gift this year.  It would look better against a white wall, but I don't have one in our living areas.  It puts a smile on my face when I see it.


I wander into the kitchen and find myself humming Christmas carols - In The Bleak Midwinter is an eternal favourite.  The joy of the season is all around now that I've found time to put the decorations up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do love your snowmen and mice and the little window is delightful. Your kitchen looks full of festive cheer:)

    ReplyDelete