Friday 3 October 2014

Harvest Mice


This is a project which was started a year ago and it has taken all this time to finish it.  The pattern was purchased through Ravelry and I thought that it was such a sweet tea cosy for autumn.

One of the reasons for the delay in completion was the great difficulty in finding any beads of an appropriate size/colour for the mouse eyes.  I bought some which I thought were black only to discover that they were actually purple once I got them home and out of the packet.  I hesitated to give them purple eyes, so I was then back to searching for black ones.

Now that it is completed, I can't actually bring myself to use it in case the tea drips on the cosy and  spoils it, so for now, I am using it for display purposes only.  I'm very pleased with the results though.

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness... how sweet!!! This is just adorable, Marie! Somethings are well worth the wait. ;o) Good to catch up on your latest posts after being a little less online recently... Happy Days ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie,

    What a beautiful tea-cosy - and just in time for harvest, too! Your knitting is immaculate and the mice are perfect. Well done you!

    Is harvest festival celebrated in Canada as much as it is/was over here? I keep thinking that I miss the old traditional harvest festival services, so I should really make an effort to go to one this year. :)

    Best wishes,
    Tash

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was worth the wait for the little black beady eyes - what a super tea cosy I think I'd keep it for decorative purposes only too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy - thanks for your kind comment. I agree that this project was worth the wait.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tash - Thanksgiving is the Canadian equivalent of harvest festival when families give thanks for their blessings. It is not a church-based festival though.

    I miss those days a lot - somehow the events on the church's calendar marked the rhythm of the year and the seasons in the UK and they were embedded in the culture. I think that it gave a sense of belonging, which I don't feel here.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosie - thanks for visiting. It was an enjoyable project and I'm very happy with the results.

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete