Monday 30 June 2014

A Summer Recital


I don't think that I have mentioned it before, but I started piano lessons in January. I've always wanted to learn to play, but never had the opportunity.


Saturday was the culmination of five months of lessons when we had a musical recital. I was asked by my teacher if I would be willing to participate and I sat on the fence so to speak for quite some time. I finally decided to give it a go during this week's lesson. 


To say that I was nervous getting up in front of a crowd of people is an understatement.  My hands were shaking so much that I could hardly play and I just got through my piece as best I could.  My audience were kind to me, but I was relieved to get it over with!  I just wish that I'd had the confidence of the seven year-old who was totally unperturbed by the whole experience.

We were called back to the front at the conclusion of the recital and each participant was presented with a rose and a card.  A kind, sweet gesture on a first performance.

1 comment:

  1. VERY exciting, Marie... and well done! I would have falling-down nervous too--LOL! That was brave. And what a wonderful accomplishment after so many months of making your piano dream come true. :o) ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete