Sunday 22 June 2014

A Room With A View


We were in Ontario for a few days where I attended a conference in Niagara Falls.  This was the view from the window of our hotel room.  Although I did not spend a lot of time at the hotel, I was drawn to the chair by the window and this ever-changing view.
 

The Horseshoe Falls are on the Canadian side.  The American Falls on the US side of the Niagara River can be seen in the distance.  The lower part of the photograph is Ontario and the other side of the river is New York State.

As this was primarily a business trip, we did not have time to enjoy much in the way of sightseeing.  We missed out on the famous boat trip to the foot of the Falls (though we have done this in the past and I highly recommend it), but did make a quick trip to the Table Rock Visitor Centre via the new Niagara Falls Incline Railway.  Standing close to the thundering water, we could watch as it descended over the edge of the Horseshoe Falls. 

We've been here numerous times in the past when we lived in Ontario, but there is a power and majesty about this place which draws visitors from across the globe and I never tire of seeing it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie,

    What a view! I love great bodies of water of all sorts, and I can imagine that these are an awe-inspiring sight. I hope the conference went well.

    I have been thinking over your email and will reply soon. I am sending good vibes your way though, and hoping that things are at least steady - if not perfect - for now.

    Best wishes,
    Tash from vintagepretty.org

    ReplyDelete