Friday 20 December 2013

The Garden In Winter

 
Even though Christmas is fast approaching, my thoughts are already turning to the garden.  The first of the 2014 gardening seed catalogues arrived yesterday and I got an email earlier this week informing me that the online potato seed catalogue is now open!
 
 
However, there is still time to savour the beauty of the garden in winter.  I love the way that the snow accumulates on autumn's seed heads and the hydrangeas. 


I'm so glad that I didn't go around and dead-head everything in sight, or I would have missed this beauty.  Sometimes it pays not to be too meticulous.

 
Snow on fir trees always looks fabulous.  This a scrawny looking tree at the best of times, but it looks great now that it has a dusting of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment