Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Dales Adventure

 
I know that it has been far too long since I last posted, but life has been busy.  I hinted at the fact that I was planning a visit to the UK some weeks ago, but did not find the time to update you all prior to my departure.  Now here I am, freshly returned from what was far too short a visit.
 
I had all kinds of plans of how I would spend my time, top of the list being seeing my family and getting to know my nieces and nephews.  I had a wonderful time with them and renewed the bonds of family and friendship.  I now realise what I miss about living here and that is those close family ties: a sense of belonging and of shared experiences.
 
My plans for the ten days that I spent at home were far too ambitious and they were somewhat curtailed, as I came down with a virus which persisted for almost the entire visit and has left me still congested and coughing.  I will share some of the hundreds of photos I took and tell you more of my adventures in future posts, but for now, I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I'm still here.

2 comments:

  1. Ah Yorkshire. Living down south now I do miss Yorkshire so much. Didn't realise you were also from that part of the World. I love the dales so much even though I'm from East Yorks. We were there last year for a weekend for my 40th. It was lovely. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your trip. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo very HAPPY you had a chance to get back home to see your family, Marie! Living abroad too, I know how it is, how hard it can be living far away from those you love & know, places you get attached to. Like you I so often miss that feeling of belonging and shared experiences. While My husband's family have been terrific, and we all do get on, it's not quite the same. I've come to call this pace home. But the deep belonging is taking time. It's a big thing...LOL! Look forward to hearing/seeing more about your trip. Welcome back! :o) ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete