Monday 7 September 2020

Knitting Yarns



This has been a stressful year for many reasons, so knitting has helped me to maintain my sanity.  My big project was this aran cardigan, which I finished in the summer, but it took me a long time to find buttons to match.  I ended up ordering vintage Italian buttons from Etsy and they were the perfect choice.


I like to have a Christmas project in mind and work on it during the summer, to avoid additional stress of trying to complete it in December.  This year’s choice was a shawl, in seasonal colours, which I will be able to wear throughout the winter.  I’m delighted with the results.

 

2 comments:

  1. VERY sorry you are having a really difficult year, Marie! I hope before year's end you'll be feeling better about things. In all, I think MANY have been having a hard year, as so many things have been happening. Won't be sorry to see the back of 2020! That cardigan is GORGEOUS--what a fabulous finish! And how pretty your Christmas/winter shawl. You are smart to start the end of year goodies early, as goodness knows the last quarter of a year flies by! Knitting and crafting have saved my life on more than an occasion--that is no exaggeration. We try to keep calm and craft on, yes?! ;) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Tracy. They mean so much to me. Yes, we must keep calm and keep knitting. Hugs, Marie x

    ReplyDelete