Sunday 26 April 2020

In the Sewing Room


I started this project a few weeks ago, so it has taken me a while to get it completed.


The first stage was the cutting out of all the different pieces.


Then, I had to quilt the three main pieces - back, front and pocket,.


After this, the pocket was stitched in place on the front panel.


The zipper was particularly challenging because it had to curve at the corners, which they don’t normally do.


After this, I stitched the bag together along the sides, then made quilted handles. 


This afternoon, I finally finished stitching the handles in place and I now have a bag for my laptop.  I’m really pleased with the results and it was worth the effort, especially as this fabric was leftover from a bag lining of a knitting project.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely bag to carry your laptop in no wonder you are pleased with it. A lovely project to do whilst staying at home. I hope all is well with you in these strange times. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun project, but it took me an awfully long time to finish. I’d never be quick enough for the Great British Sewing Bee! Marie x

    ReplyDelete