Tuesday 9 July 2019

Summer At Last!


Well, I’ve been gone far longer than I anticipated.  I returned to work on Wednesday after ten weeks of recovering from my surgery.  I’m still feeling exhausted at times, so my goal at the moment is to go for walks, even if they are much shorter than they would have been in the past.  



I’m taking one day at a time and have been enjoying visits to the boardwalk now that the weather has finally improved.


The roses are in full bloom and their scent is heavenly.  I just bury my nose in them and inhale.

Whatever you are doing during the summer, I hope that you are taking some time to smell the roses.


6 comments:

  1. Hello Marie, glad to see you visiting and blogging again, thank you for leaving comments over on my blog. Glad to hear that you are very gently getting back to work and into your walking routines again, it's good you can do that through the summer months whilst those lovely roses are at their best:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rosie, thank you for visiting. I am enjoying the beautiful roses and getting out on the boardwalk as often as I can. Marie x

      Delete
  2. It's good to have you back here! I am glad you are recovering and that summer has arrived in PEI. I expect the red squirrels have missed you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Tiggywinkle, thank you for popping in for a visit. Recovery certainly took longer than I anticipated, but I’m getting there. Marie x

      Delete
  3. Hello Marie! So happy you are home and enjoying a lovely summer. It's a journey to return to our normal selves after surgery. Fresh air and roses, a good combo for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Beverly, thank you for your kind comments. Marie x

    ReplyDelete