Sunday 13 May 2018

A Creative Journey


I have embarked on a 12 week journey of self-discovery, following The Artist’s Way.  I bought this book a few weeks ago, but then procrastinated until I started to feel guilty about not getting down to work.  I feel that there is some untapped creativity within me and I want to explore it.  This book is my guide and, together with my new red notebook, I am setting out to find ways to discover and recover my creative self.

Having said that, I am already creating in different ways.  I still enjoy my knitting and have recently started a new counted cross stitch pattern.  I’ve also been writing, but I don’t feel ready to share this project with you just yet.  Maybe after I have completed my journey of self-discovery, I will be ready to tell you about it.

4 comments:

  1. VERY exciting, Marie! I've used this book before, and along with another similar book, had some really good creative healing and breakthroughs many years ago. I eventually narrowed the daily pages from 3 down to 1, and for a long time did a one-page journal entry, which was good practice. I don't keep much of a structured journal these days, it's become more like a glorified to-do list... LOL! Hoping VERY much you'll enjoy this new creative journey you're on... LOVE the red notebook!! :))) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across this book quite recently, by chance. It is a huge challenge to write three pages a day, so I my end up having to cut back, or else spend odd moments throughout the day writing, though I’m unsure as to whether this will have the same effect. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fascinating book to explore new ways of creativity and hone old ones too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is challenging, as I’m finding it rather difficult to complete the daily morning pages, due to other commitments, but I’m going to try to keep going. Marie x

      Delete