Wednesday 28 March 2018

Healthy Eating


March has been healthy eating month in our household.  After too many little indulgences at Christmas and less activity than ideal, due to inclement weather, we felt the need to try something different.  The surprising breakfast favourite has been ‘perfect porridge’ from The Food Effect Diet - mine served with cinnamon and raspberries.


We have eaten lots of salads, which have been absolutely delicious.  I’ve never eaten so much green salad, but it is actually quite filling and I feel quite virtuous in avoiding bread to fill me up.  

This eating plan includes healthy recipes and I can’t recommend it highly enough.  And the best bit is that I don’t feel deprived in any way, as I can still have wholemeal bread (in moderation), dark chocolate and an occasional glass of red wine.

We intend to continue with our healthy eating, though we are going to have a couple of little treats at Easter - I’m thinking about baking some of my chocolate cupcakes (though I will replace half of the sugar with stevia).

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful and delicious food--that salad looks really good! We've been on a healthier track with eating too, and loving all the clean, green food! Good luck as you continue this healthy journey! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been enjoying the salads a lot, but they aren’t really practical for eating on the run, so I may have to find an alternative for when I’m working. Marie x

      Delete
  2. Gosh those dishes look good. I love salads and porridge. Good luck with your regime. The odd glass of red wine and dark chocolate would make all the difference to my being able to stay on the tracks. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true that dark chocolate and the odd glass of wine make it all a lot better! Marie x

      Delete