Friday 1 December 2017

NaBloPoMo 2017




For those of you who are unfamiliar with NaBloPoMo, I thought that I should explain that it stands for National Blog Posting Month.  For some years, I participated in this challenge and attempted to blog every day for a month.  My chosen month was November because it was the one month in the year which did not have a particular theme.

The official NaBloPoMo challenge and accompanying webpage ended, but I have continued as a personal challenge.  I have to admit that this year, I completely forgot about it until a blogging friend reminded me.  I’ve made up for the oversight and have managed 30 posts, although a couple of them were late entries.

NaBloPoMo makes me think more about blogging and about writing in general.  November is a fairly dull and unexciting month, so coming up with blogging material can be challenging.  I’m happy that I’ve completed the challenge and that I can now ease up on my posting as we move into December and preparations for Christmas, the first of which is getting my Advent calendar out.  Such calendars are hard to find, so I was fortunate to pick this one up earlier in the summer before we left Ontario.

6 comments:

  1. LOVELY Advent calendar, Marie--love the old-fashioned prettiness of it! I've always admired your trying to post every day in November. I've done a few month-long challenges at my blog, but no annually. So I admire the dedication you put to this, as well as the fun of seeing your more frequent posts. :))) Well done! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t it sweet? It is from Vermont, via Niagara-on-the-Lake! Marie x

      Delete
  2. I've enjoyed all your November posts, Marie sorry I haven't commented on them all. I love your advent calendar:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! The most difficult month for me would be January. Boy, oh boy, do I hate January. B xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. January is a challenging month, being in the depths of winter. This is fun, but I wouldn’t want to do it more than once a year. Marie x

      Delete