Friday 24 June 2016

In The Kitchen


I wish that I could claim to have been busy in the kitchen this week, but I can't.  The summer temperatures have been soaring and the humidity has been unbearable.  The last thing that I was planning to do was baking.


These photos are of some of the baking that I did before the mercury started climbing.  A delicious quiche, which we sliced up and took on a picnic.


Chocolate chip cookies and bread sticks, which are perennial favourites.  


Who can resist bread fresh from the oven and still warm?  I have been using the breadmaker during the heatwave, but sadly, it doesn't do breadsticks. 

2 comments:

  1. Your baking looks wonderful and very tasty, Marie. The quiche and bread sticks look great for a picnic too. I never want to eat so much when it is very hot weather, quiche and salad is usually a good option. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosie. I agree about not wanting to eat a big meal when it is hot. Picnics are lovely, but sometimes it is just too hot to be outdoors. Marie x

    ReplyDelete