Monday 7 September 2015

Farewell To Summer


It seems that summer 2015 has been and gone and I've barely noticed.  It has been a strange year with a cold, wet spring and a very late improvement in the weather. 

On a personal note, I have felt very unsettled and homesick ~ it seems to get worse with each passing year and is particularly bad as we approach the end of the year and Christmas.

Can you believe that it is September already? I can't.  In a farewell to summer, I made some Pimm's ~ lots of fruit and lemonade with just a dash of alcohol.  We raised a glass and bid farewell to summer, wondering just where we might be at this time next year.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to send off Summer, Marie! I've not had a Pimm's delight in a long, long time! Like you, I find the last quarter of the year especially hard, and the homesick really settles in. It's not easy, so I know what you mean... But I like your idea of celebrating what we can, when we can. Cheers! And here's to the time when we can look forward to going home--for keeps! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer has been very strange over here too - not quite warm enough to feel the benefits of it - September has been far nicer and yet I always feel sad when Autumn arrives even though I'm cheered by the lovely colours and abundance in the garden and hedgerows:)

    ReplyDelete