Monday 22 June 2015

Rest


I had surgery last Thursday, so I find myself in the unusual position of having to rest.  This is not something that comes easily, as I am naturally a busy person.  I have a full-time job and even if I wasn't working, I could easily fill my week with crafts and home-making activities.


It has been an opportunity to catch up on reading (I have enough books put aside to keep me reading for the next year or two) in addition to trying some new hobbies.

I bought this flower press over a year ago with the intention of creating handmade cards.  I never even got as far as taking it out of the packaging.  It remained in its box unused, but not forgotten.  


I had some pansies which I bought last month at Mayfest.  They were in pots indoors and I had them in the kitchen window.  They looked sunny and welcoming, but they dried out far too fast and I could not keep up with the watering due to my irregular working hours.  

I decided to plant them in the garden and in doing so, they were a bit floppy, so I rescued some of the flowers and finally put the flower press to use.    I would like to add to the collection of pressed flowers, so that I have enough to make some cards.  

Another thing that I've been working on is a plan for our new garden.  This requires little physical effort, as it is all on paper (and not to scale, as Mr Candytuft pointed out!)  It looks great on paper, but I think it may take a long time to come to fruition.  Anyway, I like the idea of a shed and potting shed like Le Jardin du Moulin, so that's on the list.

2 comments:

  1. It is a long time since I've seen a flower press and what a lovely idea to make cards from the pressed flowers. Sorry to hear you have been in hospital, Marie and I hope that you will be fit again soon, meantime enjoy resting with your new hobbies and all those books. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie
    Popping by as etsy suddenly showed me a message you sent me last November. I've sent you a reply with sincerest apologies for not replying to you at the time. I seem to have little time for blog reading these days but it's nice to pop by your page again and catch up. I've always wanted a flower press. I end up pressing them between heavy books lined with kitchen paper. Not ideal!
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete