Monday 6 April 2015

Longing For Fresh Air


It has been such cold, snowy weather since the end of January, that the opportunities to throw the windows open and fill the house with fresh air have been non-existent.  I'm not a fan of synthetic air fresheners, so I decided to search the internet for an alternative.



What I found was this great idea from Smashed Peas and Carrots.  Using mason jars with the metal lids replaced with decorative paper (I didn't have any to hand, so I recycled a recycled bag) and this is the result.


I used peppermint for the main living areas and then went girly for the master and ensuite with geranium.  Now my home is a haven of sorts, though not quite as you might expect for reasons which I will explain in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie!

    Ahhh, what a good idea! I must admit, I don't really like the commercial scents and much prefer either really good incense or some essential oils! One of my favourite scents is rose geranium and I put it into just about everything. I have even bought some seeds of a rose-scented geranium and am propagating them now! :)

    ReplyDelete