Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year 2014

 
Welcoming in the New Year was definitely very low-key in our household last night.  As I was on-call for work, I went to bed long before any chimes of midnight.  In a little over half an hour, I go off-call and then I can sit back, relax and enjoy the day ~ or maybe get the New Year off to a good start and do some exercise.
 


For now, it is good to be indoors and keeping warm.  This morning's temperature is -16 C and the wind chill is -32 C.  I don't have any intention of spending time outdoors!  Winter is far from finished here and there is yet more snow in the forecast for the next couple of days.
 
However you chose to welcome 2014, I hope that the year is full of promise for good health, happiness and precious moments for you and all of your family.  Happy New Year!


3 comments:

  1. A low key welcome to 2014 here too - I'm not really a lover of new year celebrations somehow. Hope you get to enjoy your day when you are off duty. Keep warm in that cold weather. Best wishes for 2014:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Marie!

    I hope that you're now off call and managing to enjoy the first day of 2014. Whilst I did envy your snow pre-Christmas, I can imagine in January it is a fairly never-ending presence and could get quite tiresome. Not to mention the -16ºC! Brrr!

    Over here it is very dark and grey, with thick clouds full of rain and a strong wind, which is making the start of 2014 very dull indeed! Let's hope the weather improves soon.

    I hope that your 2014 is happy, healthy and productive for you :)

    Best wishes,

    Tash from vintagepretty.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Marie! So lovely to catch up with you here post-holidays and travels. :o) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete