Saturday 9 February 2013

Meet The New Chefs


I'm a little late in posting about my surprise Christmas presents.  I had this enormous box under the tree.  It was so long that the only thing I could imagine it contained was a pogo stick!  I'm glad to say that I was delighted to open it and discover these two sweet characters.

I think that they were intended as Christmas decorations, but they are far too cute to leave in a box for eleven months of the year, so they are now sitting on my kitchen window ledge.  I thought that they were mice, but I'm told they are rats.  I think I'll stick with my version of the story and continue to refer to them as mice.  Hopefully, they will lend a hand in the kitchen and impress me with their culinary skills....

3 comments:

  1. They are very cute Marie and it would be such a shame for them to languish in a box for most of the year, I think I'd think of them as mice too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what sweet characters to keep you company when you cook! Have they got names?

    I physically shivered when you mentioned the 40cm of snow - I do not know how people cope with it, when a slight dusting brings England to a grinding halt! Fingers crossed your neighbour is in a ploughing mood!

    Sending some less snowy thoughts your way :)

    Tash over at vintagepretty.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. No names yet. I'm still thinking about that one. Any suggestions?

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete