Sunday 13 January 2013

Everything Feels Better With Chocolate

 
One of my favourite seasonal recipes is the Yule Log from Nigella Christmas.  This book is a visual delight and there is little more pleasant than sitting down with a cup of tea and planning seasonal meals whilst browsing its pages. 
 
I know that Christmas is over now, but I find it difficult to hide this book away, so it sits on the bookshelf in my kitchen, where it is easily accessible and today I am going to try another recipe, Fully Loaded Potato Skins, which I thought would make a tasty winter lunch.
 
Incidentally, the Yule Log was delicious, as always and I thought that it looked sweet with its dusting of icing sugar snow and the deer.

1 comment:

  1. WOW... what a gorgeous cake, Marie! I have Nigella's Christmas book too, and it is a favorite at our house. ;o) I've not made this yule cake though...almost too decadent and tempting...LOL! LOVE the reindeer decorations on your cake. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete